We were reading this nice post on Washington Post – Here’s all the stuff that supposedly costs us billions in ‘lost productivity’ (link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/07/06/here-are-all-the-things-that-supposedly-cost-the-u-s-billions-in-lost-productivity/) and we found out our electronic productivity is affected by: changing passwords, facebook, fantasy football and angry birds.
In US only, the last 3 activities (facebook, fantasy football and angry birds) cost US companies 48.2 billion per year.
That is why we suggest to track the computers usage and to see how much time (and money) is wasted on non productive applications and web sites.
Cyclope can tell you the most used applications and web site.
The most productive employees
And other relevant information. Please check the online demo for sample reports.
We were reading a nice post from Experian Marketing Services (link: http://press.experian.com/United-States/Press-Release/experian-marketing-services-reveals-27-percent-of-time-spent-online-is-on-social-networking.aspx) that reveals 27 percent of time spent online is on social networking.
The study refers to US users but the situation is very similar in UK – 21.6%.
Other online activities are entertainment, news, lifestyle and adult.
If you want to find out how the online time is spent in your company try Cyclope. The trial version works for 2 weeks and allows you to monitor up to 30 users.
The Internet activity report will show you the amount of active time spent on each web site by all of your users.
The top web sites is one of the most used reports. It shows you the web domain, the active time and the users who access it.
Check our online demo for details.
Companies and people rely more and more on technologies in order to be more productive.
We are talking about faster computers, better software, mobile devices and faster Internet.
Still in US the productivity for the first quarter performance was revised down slightly from an initial estimate of a 0.7 percent first quarter increase (source: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-productivity-grew-modest-annual-rate-1q-125013291.html).
The trend in productivity has been fairly weak in recent years. For all of 2012, productivity rose just 0.7 percent, after an even smaller 0.6 percent rise in 2011.
Considering these aspects tracking the productivity of the staff within your organization seems a good approach in 2013.
Cyclope will allow you to define which applications, sites and documents are productive for your organization and builds on fly a productivity report for your company, a team within your company or a particular employee.
Also the top productive report will show you which employees are more productive.
Check the productivity reports by using our online demo.
I was reading a topic on cnbc.com (direct link http://www.cnbc.com/id/48047049) web site regarding a study performed by Good Technology found that more than 80% of workers continued to work at home after leaving the office, adding more than a month of overtime work annually.
Starting from here we consider that is important for companies and employees to track this activity and identify how productive it is. Checking and replying to emails seems to be the top activity.
Cyclope is able to track the entire computer activity:
And show reports with the activity within business hours
And activity during the overtime (which is define as the activities performed outside the business hours)
Each company that uses Cyclope can define the working hours and can receive email reports with the Overtime Activity:
Check the online demo for sample reports.
This is an infographic created by our team based on a recent research
Working 8 to 10 hours in a big company might be exhausting. That’s why attending a corporate happy hour can offer more benefits than you might realize. It’s an opportunity to meet coworkers on an informal basis, and to chat with people who work in other departments.
Happy hour is intended to be jovial and relaxing and has many other benefits like:
- Free drinks and treats: How could anyone pass up a free meal and yummy adult beverages? This is probably the most obvious reason (and financial) to attend your companies Happy Hour.
- Meet New People and Network: This is great chance to branch out and meet other people in your company. Company Happy Hours are popular with most companies so most likely Friday afternoons you will meet people from other companies in different industries. Plus you never know when you could possibly find new business or a new client or know someone who knows someone. So don’t be shy, broaden your horizons and bring lots of business cards.
Having to deal with workplace negativity is one of the fastest and easiest ways to lower productivity around the office. It quickly creates a hostile environment that makes everyone edgy and uncomfortable, and tends to affect everyone from employees to employers. Negativity is one of those things that, once it takes hold, tends to spread like wildfire and can come in more than one form.
Employee vs. Employer
- Employee Negativity
Negativity in employees is something that is almost unavoidable because everyone has bad days and everyone can find something to complain about. The problem with having negative employees is that when they gossip with other employees it can be infectious. When one person laments their unhappiness to a coworker it can make the coworker realize that they, too, are unhappy with a situation, and then each personâ€™s negativity builds and grows off the other. Continue reading ‘Workplace Negativity = Decreased Productivity’
Version 6.0 of Cyclope Employee Surveillance Solution is now available for everybody. After manyÂ hours (months) of development and testing we are ready to provide you the new version of ourÂ employee monitoring solution.
There are so many changes and improvements in version 6.0 but I will only mention some majorÂ ones:
- the server part is now using Apache, php and MySQL – instead of IIS, .NET and XML (as theÂ previous version). This makes the installation process easier and faster (and we will not stopÂ here, as we plan to add a Linux version for the server as well soon). Continue reading ‘Version 6.0 of Cyclope Employee Surveillance Solution now available’
People, by their nature, love to be into their comfort zone either they are at work or into society. To better understand this aspect, letâ€™s think at all our routine during a day. If there appears a new thing that is different than our routine, most probably will change all our plans for that day, will mess up our day and will make us feel uncomfortable and insecure. We have to learn how to deal with these situations because getting out of our comfort zone will give us the opportunity to:
- 1. Enrich our personal experience – learn more things. Stepping out from the comfort zone will bring us into the learning zone. This means that we will learn how to deal with new experiences, how to act in new situations and what we must do.
- 2. Extend the comfort zone. Once we experience new situations we learn how to manage them and next time when we will be in the same situation we will already know what has to be done. This means that the comfort zone has been extended. Continue reading ’5 reasons to step out from comfort zone’